Sushil Bhavnani, Henry M. Burt Jr. professor of mechanical engineering, has been awarded a NASA Space Technology Research Opportunities — Early Stage Innovations grant to construct condenser surfaces for use in spacecraft thermal control systems. His project, “Enabling self-propelled condensate flow during phase-change heat rejection using surface texturing,” is in collaboration with Oregon State University….
Monthly archives: May, 2013
David J. Branscomb, ’12 doctoral graduate in polymer and fiber engineering, recently won the “Best and Brightest” student poster competition at the American Composites Manufacturers Association’s Composites 2013 conference in Orlando, Fla. Branscomb’s poster, “Design Process for Open Architecture Composites,” describes his research exploring a process to design and manufacture a high strength-to-weight composite truss…
- Adm. Michael Rogers returns to Auburn as part of Leaders on the Plains series
- CISA directors speak on cybersecurity and infrastructure
- Auburn jumps four spots in U.S. News and World Report’s undergraduate rankings
- Phillips appointed director of communications and marketing
- Chemical engineering freshman wins Miss Auburn University